Make 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
2½ cups pre-cooked lentils (we used Trader Joe’s Ready-to-Eat Steamed Lentils}
¼ cup water
8 whole grain corn tortillas
1 large tomato
1. Heat oil a large pan over medium-low heat. Once oil is warm, add cumin, chili powder and cayenne and stir until fragrant.
2. Add lentils and water and stir. Season with cracked pepper. Allow mixture to heat over low heat to simmer for several minutes until heated through.
3. Meanwhile slice avocado and tomato and place 2 tortillas on 4 plates.
4. Add salt to the lentil mixture if using, and stir in. Adding it last will help you to need less salt.
5. Add about ¼ cup of lentils in a row down the middle of each tortilla. Top with tomato and avocado. Flip the tortalla in half and serve, enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per 2 Tacos: 405 Calories, 9 g fat, 61 g carbohydrate, 20 g protein, 500 mg sodium, 14 g fiber